Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The Adventures of Penny Part VII

At the name "Galadana", Penny took a sharp breath in. Nonetheless, it was time to stick to business. She couldn't dilly-dally around, telling this zombie ninja stranger all about the guru who betrayed her. She needed the antidote; and she needed it fast and with as few complications as possible.
"Well?! Do you have it?!" Penny asked pointedly, trying to cop an aloof, unafraid attitude.
The tall stranger stared fixedly at Penny and his mouth began to slowly turn up into a knowing smirk.
"Oh.... I have it all right.... Yes, I have it." He stared down at the ground for a moment and his smirk turned into a broad smile. "But you aren't going to get it for free. I've heard about your skills in combat training, Penny. Galadana speaks highly of you, you know, and he talks with my crowd more than you might suspect. And, you know, I have always expected that I would meet you one day, and that on that day I would get you to work for me. And now, here you are, asking a favor of me... a favor that I am in no way obligated to grant..."
"Listen!" Penny spoke through gritted teeth and raised her voice. "Actually, you ARE obligated to grant the favor if you value your physical well-being. You've heard of my combat training and I have no scruples about unleashing them onto you. Now give us the antidote." Penny's breath had quickened and she was about to explode with anger. Hazel gave a quick appraising glance to her friend and her anxiety rose about threefold.
"True, you are a skilled fighter, my dear..." the stranger said in a patronizing tone. "But you are outnumbered. The ninjas are everywhere, eagerly awaiting their chance to defend me. You strike.... they will counterstrike... And to be perfectly honest, Penny, I don't want that to happen to you. If you just kindly agree to my terms you will get the antidote and be merrily on your way. All you have to do is agree to repay the favor some time in the future when I ask you. That's all... Is that so much to ask? What do you think Hazel?" The stranger's gaze shifted to Hazel, and Hazel nearly jumped out of her skin when his penetrating gaze met hers. Oh God she thought. She couldn't move.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home